The Syrian Center for Policy Research (SCPR) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit think tank;which undertakes public policy oriented research to bridge the gap between research and policy making process. SCPR aims to develop a participatory evidence-based policy dialogue to achieve policy alternatives that promote sustainable, inclusive, and human-centered development.
Vision and Mission:
- Vision: An accountable transparent evidence-based, policy making process in Syria, supported by an active socio-economic dialogue, and dynamic public, private, and civil society partnership in which a credible professional research community produces knowledge for policy and public opinion.
- Mission: To contribute to the enhancement of policy-oriented research, social dialogue, accountable and transparent policy making, and the capacity building of policy institutions in order to promote sustainable inclusive development.
SCPR Strategic Objectives
The main purpose of SCPR is to help people in Syria to better be able to initiate and engage in an open, respectful, and informed dialogue on key issues of public policy.
SCPR is expected to:
- enhance accountability and participation among public, private, and civil institutions;
- increase public participation in policy discussions and the decision making process;
- promote freedom of expression and respect for different points of view;
- strengthen the effectiveness of government systems and institutions;
- improve the quality of media coverage;
- and to serve development by empowering the population.
The main operational goals of the SCPR include the following:
- To produce evidence-based research and utilize knowledge to support good governance.
- To create a forum for policy dialogue among key representatives of political, social and economic sectors.
- To provide access to information and participation in policy making in order to empower the people.
- To expand institutional policy capacities in order to assess and communicate innovative ideas and research outputs.
- Empowerment for all
- Information for all
- Equality in society by supporting the excluded, deprived, and marginalized
- Participation, transparency, and accountability
- High Research Ethics
- Serving public interest