The Syrian Center for Policy Research (SCPR) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit think tank working to bridge the gap between the research and the policymaking process. We have over ten years of experience in public policy-oriented research. SCPR aims to develop a participatory evidence-based policy dialogue to achieve policy alternatives that promote sustainable, inclusive, and human-centered development. In each project, we seek to engage all stakeholders and strengthen local capacities in order to develop a participatory evidence-based policy dialogue to achieve policy alternatives that promote sustainable, inclusive, and human-centered development. Create sustainable development and social cohesion.
Job Purpose and responsibilities:
The communication officer supports the program functions of the organization, including the development of multi-media materials, management of social media content, and outreach of the organization.
- Generate content to enhance the visibility of SCPR’s Research papers, workshops, and training.
- Work with the research team to plan and develop communications outputs (case studies, blogs, impact stories, press releases, multimedia content) around key outputs and activities.
- Lead the production of advocacy and outreach products (videos, reports, infographics) to achieve program and organizational objectives while upholding SCPR’s values; following up on design and publishing of materials in cooperation with the program team.
- Manage SCPR’s social media accounts, including identifying materials and responding to and managing communications through such accounts.
- Ensure implementation of SCPR’s social media policies; Produce monthly reports on reach and use of SCPR’s social media presence.
- Support the creation of annual reports, that demonstrate the organization’s sectoral knowledge/expertise, approach, values, and insights.
- Handle other media and communication tasks in support of SCPR’s program priorities.
Required knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Relevant post-secondary qualifications, preferably in Media and communications.
- Experience in the design and implementation of communication strategies, preferably in relation to research centers and civil society.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Arabic and English.
- Has in-depth knowledge of Syria and the region.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues and work as a member of a team.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and respond flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Good IT skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the conflict-affected countries.
- Ability to operate effectively in a challenging environment.
Contract duration: 6 months contract, possible extension.
Start date: Immediate\ASAP
To apply, send a covering letter in English or Arabic demonstrating how you meet the requirements, and your CV, to [email protected] with the subject “Communication officer.” or fill the following form: